Fighting applies to a broad range of people in the Rising of Chaos to the extent that almost all characters are likely to have trained in combat. Professional skills cover the areas of speciality that you might have as a “job” such as physician or hunter.
What kind of skills are there?
- There are four groups of professional skills:
- Academic and Crafting – The Academic side covers your “Book Learned” skills and how you have applied them to your character. Examples such as Engineering and Lore fall into this category. The Crafting side covers your “Hands On” skills of making and building and how you have applied them to your character. Examples such as Alchemist and Artificer fall into this category.
- Aptitude – These cover your “Natural” and “Outdoorsy” skills with examples such as Hunting people and Natural Intuition falling into this category.
- Chirurgical – These cover your skills as a physician, healer and immunologist with examples such as Bandaging and Splinting.
- Casting – These are alien to real life and cover the skills that you need to be a successful magic user in RoC. They will need a read through to get your head around.
How do I gain these skills?
- Some of them you choose when you start and they will determine your profession.
- The rest you buy with Endeavour
Do they work in a different way?
- The Majority of these skills let you use the Omni Deck to see if you can achieve something
- Some skills just require roleplaying
- Others will have variation but will be described in their section.
|Skill and Cost in Endeavour||Description|
|Loose Wrists I – 1||If “restrained” by rope or manacles a character can slip their knots after 2 minutes of appropriate roleplaying. If they are re-restrained during the process they must begin again.|
|Sixth Sense I – 2||A character can read body language and may tell if someone is lying, they will be given up to five words which, if spoken by non players, in a sentence will indicate that this sentence is either not true or out of character for the individual to say.|
|Keen Eyes I – 2||Character has very good eyesight and receives the Keen Eyes Ribbon Handout at the start of any event|
|Uncanny Hearing I – 2||Character has very good hearing and receives the Uncanny Hearing Ribbon Handout at the start of any event|
|Evaluate I – 2||Character can interact with Evaluate Feat Sheets. Each buy past the first allows you to permanently add one suit to any check of this type that you make.|
|Sniff I – 2||Character has very good sense of smell and receives the Sniff Ribbon Handout at the start of any event|
|Wilderness Venator I – 2||Character can interact with Wilderness Venator Feat Sheets. Each buy past the first allows you to permanently add one suit to any check of this type that you make.|
|Urban Venator I – 2||Character can interact with Urban Venator Feat Sheets. Each buy past the first allows you to permanently add one suit to any check of this type that you make.|