Fighting applies to a broad range of people in the Rising of Chaos to the extent that almost all characters are likely to have trained in combat. Professional skills cover the areas of speciality that you might have as a “job” such as physician or hunter.
What kind of skills are there?
- There are four groups of professional skills:
- Academic and Crafting – The Academic side covers your “Book Learned” skills and how you have applied them to your character. Examples such as Engineering and Lore fall into this category. The Crafting side covers your “Hands On” skills of making and building and how you have applied them to your character. Examples such as Alchemist and Artificer fall into this category.
- Aptitude – These cover your “Natural” and “Outdoorsy” skills with examples such as Hunting people and Natural Intuition falling into this category.
- Chirurgical – These cover your skills as a physician, healer and immunologist with examples such as Bandaging and Splinting.
- Casting – These are alien to real life and cover the skills that you need to be a successful magic user in RoC. They will need a read through to get your head around.
How do I gain these skills?
- Some of them you choose when you start and they will determine your profession.
- The rest you buy with Endeavour
Do they work in a different way?
- The Majority of these skills let you use the Omni Deck to see if you can achieve something
- Some skills just require roleplaying
- Others will have variation but will be described in their section.
|Skill and Cost in Endeavour||Description|
|Healer – 1||You give back an additional Hit when applying Bandages to a maximum of 6|
|Attending Chirugeon – 1||Character can now perform Minor Chirurgical acts such as but not limited to Amputation, re-attachement of extremities such as fingers and noses, splinting broken bones, lance boils and similar. Specific medical equipment is listed as being required for certain procedures. Appropriate roleplaying and timings please.|
|Physician – 2||Character can now perform Major Chirurgical acts such as but not limited to Reattaching limbs and Noblemancy. Specific medical equipment is listed as being required for certain procedures. Appropriate roleplaying and timings please.|
|Invigoration – 2||After thirty seconds or so role playing with a character the medic can revive them from Incapacitated count to one HIT|
|Nursing – 2||After a minute or so role playing with a character the nurse can revive them from death count to one HIT|
|Medical Training – 2||Allows you to interact with Medical Feat Sheets and Wound Cards that you have a skill for. Each buy past the first allows you to permanently add one suit to any check of this type that you make.|
|Forensics – 1
|Forensics gives an insight into how death occurred, how long a body has been left and who may have killed them. For example a blade entering under the ribs from a difficult angle may indicate a Kuldisar or shorter Human|
|Chirugeon – 2||Character may now attempt to cure any Cleaved Injuries from a Wound Feat Sheet or Card.|
|Triage Specialist – 2||Character may now attempt to cure any Rain of Blow Injuries from a Wound Feat Sheet or Card.|
|Immunotoxicology – 2||Character may now attempt to cure any Poison or Disease Injuries from a Wound Feat Sheet or Card.|
|Magical Procedures – 3||Character may now attempt to cure any Magical Injuries from a Wound Feat Sheet or Card. Chirugeon must attach a Feltek Device by the two prongs to the patients most damaged location and by used of the pump expel the magical energies out into the atmosphere.|