Brief Candle: 17-19 September 2021
August 29th, 2021
The story of RoC has been told over twenty four years of intricately told and widely supported story and has a tremendous background behind it. The backdrop of this event can be discovered here.
The battle lines have been drawn and the armies of the Aristocracy and the handful of guildsfolk that support them have amassed in the Eastern Territories whilst the Golden Council have seized control of the West. Casualties have been reported, a war unlike any other seen in the Basin holds its powder keg to the fire begging for the flame’s embrace.
Meanwhile nothing has truly changed in the lands of the smallfolk, nor it would seem for some of the guildsfolk: Reports of Daemons, abominations and other stirrings in the South prompt fears of something working against a reunion of the powers and taking advantage of the brewing war.
Spurred on by the Archmagus Jack Spears, secret talks between Archmagus Gench Jonas and Edmund Lionsgold at an outpost along the border of the Razorback Mountains to the North were arranged. Reports of what occurred are directly unclear but a strange mist is known to have risen up around the gardens where the peace talks were being held and it is believed that both leaders were murdered within these barriers.
Rumour is rife
Tales of Fae and Eidelosian interference are everywhere, some hold that Gench betrayed Edmund or Edmund did for Gench and were murdered in retaliation. Most commonly, though, many believe that a handful of guildsfolk who were within the mists were responsible for whatever happened there. Along with the bodies they have been swiftly spirited away and hidden from public view.
The light of Edmund’s life is fading, efforts to contact Eidelos for Fae related help have been thwarted by the machinations of Olebid Ironmark and the Barrow House preserving the Lionsgold’s life has been lost. Jack Spears, Commander of the Protector and Master of the Fleet of Controlling Power, with but one option remaining to him, called for worthies to travel the Crooked Mirrors of the Fae Glamour to seek the remnancies of the Lionsgold soul. The journey was dangerous, but the information retrieved was vital. Now, it is up to our heroes to recover what they need. They do not have much time. 30 hours remains, and the clock is ticking…
- From the evening of Friday 17th to the afternoon of Sunday 19th September, in a story spanning 30 hours, alliances will be forged, fortunes will be challenged and the fate of Edmund Lionsgold will be decided.
- Each day tells a standalone story that adds to the sum of the whole weekend.
- Friday night will commence at 6pm, close out at 11.30pm and see a banquet evening
- Saturday will commence at 9am, close out at 11.30pm and see a breakfast, banquet afternoon and evening repast.
- Sunday will commence at 9am, close out at 1pm and include a breakfast.
- Location: Plaitford Village Hall, Salisbury Road, Romsey, SO51 6EE
- All food served is vegan, and forms will be sent to ticket buyers for those that have specific dietary requirements.
- This event replaces our big Tharinos style event for 2021; Full plot and story details will be disclosed in the week leading up to the event.
- Limited accommodation overnight will be available.
- Friday night: £30
- Saturday: £70
- Sunday: £30
- Whole Event: £100
- Saturday and one other day: £80
- Friday and Sunday: £50
- Shining Stars – Range from free days to 20 or 10 percent off event booking
- First game – Half price off total booking
- Front Line Emergency Services – 2 free tickets available on a first come first served basis and priority booking.
- Tier 2 Patreon members receive a £5 per day discount
For reduction codes and any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ROC runs strict policies for conduct: