Greetings wonderfolk of the World!
Another week has passed and it is time to hope to find you in fine form, fetlock and fettle and that you have had the best weekend wherever you were and whatever you are doing. It was a hectic week last week and the Director has been busy with a job opportunity from none other than Larian Games; the System Heads and Team Officers have been busy keeping everything up to date but before we get into that!
Today is the day that the non essential shops all re-open: There are reports are of huge queues, scrambling to get into shops and the like already. Over the past year the highly trained and skilled members of our emergency services have been putting their lives on the line trying to keep us all safe along with the essential workers to keep us all up and running. Don’t shit on that. Keep acting responsibly, don’t mob out and abide by the rules and common sense to keep all things up and running. That said…
Meanwhile on RoC and the Community!
Last week we finished up the last of the first quarter entertainment that RoC brings with the Character Debrief from the online game and some general games. It was a lot of fun but we have already posted about it and it’s time to roll out the plans for the rest of April and beyond:
Huge thanks for the, largely surprising, influx of applicants to the Core Team positions: Bar one outstanding interview the only role that we have left to fill is the Kit, Sites and Props Office if anyone is interested.
We also had a good increase in folks just jumping in to help out but we are always looking for people to fill up the teams feel free to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Development Council – Looking at and helping to develop rules as they needs be
- Plot and Character – Looking at developing main and personal plot
- Storytelling and Crew Team – The event running team
- Social Events Team – Discord – Organising the RPG’s, Tabletops, video games etc
- Awareness Team – Discord – Organising workshops and interviews for the system
- Admin Team – Generally helping out with the running of RoC
- Media Team – Helping to run the Media and Website side of things
The Online Game
- We will be sending out e-mails this week to people that participated in Season One about moving forward that plot both Online and also Live.
- The new format for the Online Games and their role in the story will be published at the weekend.
- The first Online Games will be available to book into and play by the end of the Month!
- The report from Season Two will be up in the next ten days
- We will be sending out updates to all the players that took part in both seasons of the Online Game and also the two live action events that took place in Autumn 2020 to bring us up to speed with where we are.
- We will be setting up a New Players and Groups planning area for plot insertion, background and building
- New sites and old will be updated and confirmed along with our opening dates and blurbs for those games.
- Our initial Google Forms are here for kick off, we have had some excellent feedback from them and the system seems even more popular than ever!
The RoC System
- Downtime is back on now that Stephen is finished with this stage of the Larian project and we will start to get that back on and running through the rest of April
- The Basanic Pages have been enhanced and we have more of that going up through April
- The Iskarani Pages are about done and their Character Gen and Rules build will be up for the Dev Council after the Downtime has been completed so we hope to see them emerging at the end of April
- Dragon Empire is next
- A lot of your are patiently waiting for your chance to rebuild: We are now getting to two or three rebuilds a week
- Everyone that has been through is more than impressed with what we are looking at and what we have achieved.
- V.12 is just so much better.
Games Officer Report
- Formula De has finished and all the prizes have been sent out which is really good to hear.
- The first two RPG’s, Rifts and Cthulhu, are going strong, we have three more advertised and a couple more being bandied around.
- Here’s the links for those games
- Card Games are being organised with this Form
- Video Games, Board Games and the like
- The Room
- Mansions of Madness
- Sign up and we’ll start next week!
Awareness and Workshops Officer
- This role has recently been filled and the first Awareness Workshop that will be running will be from our Trans Community
- We’ll be running a panel in one of the Discord Rooms where they will speak about their journeys and offer guidance in literature and what you can do to support the community as an ally.
- Other panels that support the LGBTQ+ and BAME areas of our society will appear shortly after.
Social Activities Officer
- The Stories of Gary Llewellyn continue this Friday with Captain Blood’s Tales from the Deck for all your dear Patreons out there.
- We will also be meeting with “The Legends of LARP” on Saturday as we prep up a sequence of interviews and panels with folk that birthed the LARPing side of our community back in the heady and interestingly attired days of the 80’s.
- Beyond that we have some more Mark Cordory interviews on the horizon as he prepares to speak about the time he spent on shows like Nightmare, working on the Corpse Bride and alongside Iron Maiden when he made Eddie!
Ok! That feels like a lot of things.
A few more things for next time: We’ll be talking about sustainability and how we will be strengthening our Discord community
The Discord offices are open all day so if you want to come in Monday to Friday just for company or to chat LARPing, board games and the like we’re in voice most of the time. The RPG’s, video games and so forth are on a lot: We are here to give you some level of company if you need it.
Remember if you want to get involved, tell stories, play games, run games or whatever we are continuing to build that community and you can find us here and that goes doubly for anything you need for the LARP or just for company on long locked in days. Equally If you want to join us on Patreon we are here.
As ever folks: If you need us, for any reason, let us know and if we can help in any way we will, whatever you are up against.
In the meantime have a Foxes and Crows week people, we look forward to seeing a whole bunch of you at the online game and bumping into even more of you, online, between now and then.
Take Care of Each Other
Stephen and the RoC Core Team x