Fabulous Felicitations Fine Folk!
Welcome to a big Monday Morning Message from the RoC community that kicks off our week of big announcements followed by a month of Discord events in June and then in July…..almost jumped the gun there.
Huge thanks to all of the teams within RoC that are making all of this a possibility: We now have ten teams of folks volunteering their time to make games run and to make people’s lives better where they can. They have worked every spare second that they have for the last 5 months and are keen to show you what they have done in the sixth.
They and I also offer our continued thanks to the emergency services that have kept us going throughout this crisis and various others that have attempted to bring us low. So many people would not be here if it wasn’t for you and the front line staff that have kept things running. As it stands we are still offering 2 free games per event and priority booking to NHS front liners – Please email who you are to our team: email@example.com and add your name to the list as we do what we can to show our love for everything that you have done.
With all that said, let’s crack on with the announcements that we have promised you!
RoC – The Larp
The RoC teams have been working round the clock to splendourise the new game and make everything ready for the coming return to the woods. So, all things being equal and with the provision that the roadmap to release doesn’t change again:
- We can announce that the following two July dates will mark our return to the woods – Mark them in your calendar: The 3rd and the 31st of July
- To keep in touch with safety guidelines by the NHS these will be one day events
- They will be based in the Southampton side of the New Forest
- We will be announcing the New Site and our involvement with several other organisations later this week.
- But yes – We are back in the woods and bookings will be live on Wednesday the second of June for players, DPC’s and Crew.
Moving on from there we can announce that the new system format will be receiving a sequence of final updates this week so you can expect to see:
- Final updates to the Transcendental and Combat Magics guidelines.
- Final tweaks to skills and tiers
- Final draft of the Skill Squares guidelines.
More excitingly, at least for me, we will be releasing a whole bunch of the fluff and plot releases: After Eighteen Months in which we have run two online games and a handful of events out in the world we chose to shake the system up. What we have released has inspired old players, enticed people back to the game and attracted a whole host of new folks as well. Throughout June we will be approaching the game in the following format:
- Opening Version 12 Overview will be fronted by a new overview of the RoCniverse
- The Basanic fluff will be upgraded in the first week to include a richer history that focuses on the Aristocratic rise and eventual tabular governance of the land.
- Plot updates will be released to the system in an episodic format that can be enjoyed as an ongoing story.
- These will be released much earlier and in a more exciting way to the Apprentice and above Patreons!
- Other aspects of Basanic life will flood the Website as will the opening chapters of the story of the Iskarani as we extend your playable nations ahead of relaunch.
- Maps are our final thing for the week, all the new Map revamps will also be appearing in glorious Mapnocolour for you to explore throughout the coming days.
RoC – The Community
First up welcome to more and more folk that are joining the Discord/Facebook/Instagram et al. It’s good to have so many of you on board and many thanks to our new Patreons, your commitment to the community and the work that we do is greatly appreciated. We have made some good advancements this week and we have some good news:
The Community Care Team are pleased to announce that we have offered our first slots of counselling to the community. Two folks that need it but been unable to fund or source counselling are having it provided by the system. We are hoping to expand that to more people in the coming months!
The Social Team can happily inform you that our resident storyteller, Gary, will be returning to the stage on Friday the 11th of June. You can find details regarding him here and the tales that he will be telling. His stage is available to our Apprentice Guildsfolk and above Patreons.
The Games Team reports a happy ship for the Seven players on Sunday and a less happy but nonetheless thrilling ship for Cthulhu on Mondays. Tonight is the inaugural game of our Kids on Brooms run by the wonderful Hollister Bean.
So that is all I have time for today BUT there are going to be daily updates and changes to the Website and live events. There is an Online Game announcement coming in the next few days and as stated, some announcements about joint projects with other groups that are out to help the communities around them!
In the meantime, if you want to get involved, tell stories, play games, run games or whatever we are continuing to build that community and you can find us here and that goes doubly for anything you need for the LARP or just for company on long locked in days. Equally If you want to join us on Patreon we are here.
As ever folks: If you need us, for any reason, let us know and if we can help in any way we will, whatever you are up against.
In the meantime have a Foxes and Crows week people, we look forward to seeing a whole bunch of you at the online game and bumping into even more of you, online, between now and then.
Take Care of Each Other
Stephen and the RoC Core Team x