Magic in CODA
- Magic is an integral part of the game and an element of it can be found in all things.
- Although magic has changed between now and when the world was first created, the original principles and laws that were its building blocks remain so today.
- Magic of any type can be utilised by anyone with the right skills or abilities, in the form of Casting.
- These skills and abilities can be gained in many ways:
- An inherent skill a person is born with
- Attained over years of intense studying
- A gift to an adventurer after pleasing a power or making a devious deal
- Throughout Vaklam there are supernatural creatures that embody or manifest from each form of magic.
- Some have existed for millennia since the beginning of the world and others have come into being through cataclysmic events.
- However the skills or abilities are gained, any hero of Vaklam can use the magics of the world to aid them.
- Magic has become a dominant, if unpredictable and hard to control, force in all arenas of the world, from social to political.
What Magic is:
- Magic is ubiquitous throughout Vaklam and can come in many different forms and flavours.
- Magic is available to any hero of Vaklam and can be developed at any point in their career.
- Magic is very powerful and can be used for all manner of tasks limited only by the caster’s imagination and ability to use it.
- Magic always has a cost and a chance to go wrong. Although magic users can mitigate and prevent some of the risk there is always a chance of a hefty cost.
What Magic isn’t:
- Secret or obscure knowledge, known to only a few people.
- Rigid and inflexible – If the caster can imagine how their magic could be used to solve a problem then they can attempt to do just that.
- Safe. All magic has a cost – small or big, there will be consequences.
Last updated byHolly Goodall