It’s all in the weight. Or so they tell me sweetheart, weight and balance do need to be down, I’ll admit, but a proper stab seller knows the weapon they want by looking at it. Course, it’s all down to personal taste, or so they tell me.Pillpot Stunker, Third Hand Weapon Seller
- Combat involves using Weapons and Armour which are broken down into categories, not everyone starts trained in the use of all types of this equipment.
- Players without combat skills can only use simple weapons, simple armour and small shields.
- You may spend the listed Endeavour to allow you to use any of the items in the grouping that you have paid for.
- When utilising them you gain the listed benefit.
|Type||EDV Cost||Usable Skills||Examples|
|Simple Weapons||Everyone starts with this skill||None||Dagger, Short Sword, Hand Axe, Club|
|Complex / Twinned Weapons||1 EDV per type||Enhanced Blow, Knockback, Knockdown, Greater Disarm, Disarm||Long Sword, Bastard Sword, Sabre/Scimitar, Battle Axe, Mace/Hammer, Staff, Rapier |
*Twinned is defined as anything that is 36 inches or less (for safety)*
|Masters||2 EDV||As Complex & gain 1 Tactical Point per encounter||Great Sword, Great Axe, Stab Safe Spear, War Mace, Great Hammer, Pole Arms|
|Thrown||1 EDV||Knockdown||Throwing Dagger, Rock, Throwing Hammer, Throwing Axe|
|Bows||3 EDV||Enhanced Blow, Knockback, Knockdown||Bow|
|Machine Propelled||3 EDV||Enhanced Blow, Knockback, Knockdown||Crossbow|
|Type||EDV Cost||Size Guidance|
|Small Shield||1 EDV||15 inch diameter|
|Medium Shield||2 EDV||16 – 40 inch diameter|
|Large Shield||4 EDV||40+ inches – Larger shields will need to be System Approved.|
Please note that all shield sizes will be confirmed by your ref.
- Armour allows you to draw a Second Wound Card and select the best result for you.
- Each Wound Card is ranked from 0, being the least, to 6, being the worst.
- Each Variant of Armour is Ranked in protection between 2 and 6 and any character who is trained in that armour grouping and wearing an appropriate Phys Rep gains the following abilities.
- Each rank of Armour will apply to a level of Severity and all those below it, this is indicated in the form of descriptor and number.
- For example if your Armour rank is Chronic – 4 it applies to any Wound Card labelled as Chronic – 4 or below but will not affect Grievous – 5 or Mortal – 6.
- The Wound Cards Superficial – 0 and Light Wound- 1 cannot be affected by Armour and are always taken.
- If you are armoured at the appropriate level you may draw a second Wound Card and choose the better result if the Wound is Physical and Severity is equal to or below your Armour Rating
- Please Note: Buying a level of armour gives access to all levels below it. The type of armour you’re wearing will depend on what it grants you.
|Partial Armour||Everyone starts with this (phys rep dependent)||Draw 2 versus Severity 2 Wound Cards||Great Coat, Heavy Clothing, Smattering of armour (like arm or leg bracers alone), Padded Robes, Just a Helmet|
|Light Armour||2 EDV||Draw 2 versus Severity 3 Wound Cards||Supple Leather Suit, Chainmail Shirt, Brigandine|
|Medium Armour||3 EDV||Draw 2 versus Severity 4 Wound Cards||Reinforced or Rigid Leather Suit, Full Body Chain, Scale Mail|
|Heavy Armour||4 EDV||Draw 2 versus Severity 5 Wound Cards||Part Plate and Chain, Plate Mail, Full Chain and Coif|
|Field Armour||5 EDV||Draw 2 versus Severity 6 Wound Cards & +1 HIT (to a maximum of 10)||Field Plate, Full Plate and Chain|
|Helmet||Everyone can wear a helmet||If you are wearing a helmet of a type similar to your armour it counts as the rank above, except in the case of Field where it gives +1 additional HIT (to a maximum of 10)||Helmets…|
Do Armour and Shields get Damaged or Broken?
- Each Wound Card contains a section for armour
- If you are wearing armour and that box contains information please refer to it when drawn.
- There are two types of Armour damage which are fully described in these boxes:
- Shattered – Lose the Draw Two Ability until repaired
- Destroyed – Lose the Draw Two Ability and +1 Hit abilities until repaired
- These drops only apply to armour that have those abilities.
- Shields are damaged if the word SHIELD is printed in the box
- A shield that is damaged is destroyed in the next scene that it is used in if it is not repaired.
Last updated byHolly Goodall
Leave a Reply